Thursday, July 25, 2013

Monsoon Season in Sopchoppy

I haven't written in forever and a day, but got the urge today- while wandering the house as thunder and lightening flashed in the yard. The rain started back in  June, just about the same time that Tropical Storm Debbie hit this area just the year before. So far in July we have had about 28 inches of rain.

You could call our yard the Emerald forest. Looking outside is like looking into a magical land; Where perhaps fairies kissed the flowers as they open in the mornings. Leprechauns could be sabotaging our watermelons that are bursting everyday, and the Toad King is thanking Mother Nature for her overflowing cauldron of water. Okay, I think I am getting off track.

Today I feel productive. I am going to to make Rose Petal Jam. I love this jam. It is surprisingly delicious, and I love to spread it on a bagel.  Brings back memories of hanging out with my friend Ruth. She was the one that would watch Chloe so I could make the jam. Ruth would also carry the jam with her everywhere she went and sold it to anyone and everyone. I haven't made it since we had to put her in a home because she had altheimers. I never knew that such a dreadful disease could strike at a young age. I remember when she no longer remembered who Chloe was. I cried so hard after we left that day. Chloe had been Ruth's pride and joy. She would stop by the house for any excuse so she could play with Chloe and would call at night to tell Chloe good night almost every night. I doubt Chloe even remembers Ruth, but I do and am grateful for the love she had for our family.

I found out today that the Huffington Post pictured my jams as a favorite handmade food from Etsy. I was surprised and pleased.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/105035453/rose-petal-jam?ref=shop_home_active

The link will take you to a picture of the jam. Well going to check out for now. I am going to try to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment